General Shareholders’ Meeting of April 21, 2011
Financial statements 2010 approved
Consoldated net income: €247 million*
Annual dividend: 15.5 eurocents per share
Balance dividend: 7 eurocents per share
Board of director and board of statutory auditors appointed
Authorization to purchase company's own shares renewed
Independent auditors appointed
Remuneration policies reort approved
By laws amendments concerning shareholders' rights approved
(*adjusted net income, net of the capital gain deriving from the settlement of the Lehman Bros. transaction: Euro 224 million, +3%)
The Ordinary General Shareholders’ Meeting of Mediolanum S.p.A was held today in Basiglio (Milan). The General Meeting approved the Annual Financial Statements for the year closed on December 31, 2010 – showing a net profit of Euro 115.9 million - and the distribution of an annual dividend of € 0.155 per share, € 0.085 of which paid as advance in November 2010; the balance dividend of € 0.07 will be paid on May 26, 2011, ex-dividend date May 23, 2011 (coupon n. 22).
The consolidated net income of the Group amounted to Euro 247 million*.
The General Meeting also:
- resolved to appoint the Board of Director as follows:
Roberto Ruozi – Chairman; Ennio Doris; Alfredo Messina; Edoardo Lombardi; Luigi Berlusconi; Pasquale Cannatelli; Maurizio Carfagna; Massimo Antonio Doris; Bruno Ermolli; Paolo Sciumè; Angelo Renoldi; Mario Molteni; Danilo Pellegrino; Antonio Zunino Directors Mr. Ruozi, Mr. Renoldi and Mr. Molteni have declared to fulfil the requirements of Independence in accordance with art. 148, para. 3, TUF.
The Meeting of the Board of Directors will proceed – today - to grant the suitable offices and powers.
- resolved to appoint the Board of Statutory Auditors as follows:
Ezio Maria Simonelli – Chairman of the Board of Auditors; Riccardo Perotta – Standing Auditor; Francesco Vittadini – Standing Auditor; Antonio Marchesi– Alternate Auditor; Ferdinando Gatti – Alternate Auditor.
The Board of Director and the Board of Statutory Auditors have been appointed on the basis of the lists of nominees filed by the parties to the Shareholders’ Agreement (Fininvest/Gruppo Doris).
- following last years’ resolutions, authorized the Board of Directors to purchase and sell the company’s own shares up to a maximum of 8,000,000 shares, equal to 1.09% of the share capital, within the limit of € 40 million, for a period of one year and however until the date when the General Shareholders’ Meeting is convened to approve the financial statements for the year 2011. The resolution also confirmed the faculty for the Board of Directors to benefit from the “accepted market practice” relating to the sustain of the market liquidity.
- appointed Deloitte & Touche S.p.A. independent auditors for the years 2011 – 2019 - including the limited audit of the abbreviated half-year financial statements and determined the relating remuneration.
- approved the report concerning the remuneration policies of the Financial Conglomerate Mediolanum.
- Approved in its extraordinary part the By Laws amendments relating to Articles 3) – 9) – 12) – 14) – 17) - 20) – 27) and 29) as a consequence of the recent regulation concerning shareholders’ rights.
Please note that the Officer in charge of preparing Mediolanum S.p.A accounting documents, Luigi Del Fabbro, has certified that, in compliance with the requirements of the second paragraph of section 154 bis of the Consolidated Finance Act, the financial information contained herein reflects the accounting entries, records and the books.
Basiglio - Milano 3 City, April 21, 2011