General Shareholders’ Meeting of April 19, 2012
Financial statements 2011 approved
Consolidated net income: €67.3 million
Annual dividend: 11 eurocents per share
Balance dividend: 4 eurocents per share
Authorization to purchase company’s own shares renewed
A director appointed
Remuneration policies report approved
Stock options plan 2010 for directors and officers integrated and by
laws amended to broaden the delegation for its execution
The Ordinary General Shareholders' Meeting of Mediolanum S.p.A was held today in Basiglio (Milan).
The General Meeting approved the Annual Financial Statements for the year closed on December 31, 2011 – showing a net profit of Euro 159.6 million - and the distribution of an annual dividend of € 0.11 per share, € 0.07 of which paid as advance in November 2011; the balance dividend of € 0.04 will be paid on May 24, 2012, ex-dividend date May 21, 2012 (coupon n. 24).
The consolidated net income of the Group amounted to Euro 67.3 million.
The General Meeting also:
- following last years' resolutions, authorized the Board of Directors to purchase and sell the company's own shares up to a maximum of 8,000,000 shares, equal to 1.09% of the share capital, within the limit of € 40 million, for a period of one year and however until the date when the General Shareholders' Meeting is convened to approve the financial statements for the year 2012 but, in any
event, within a period of 18 months. The resolution also confirmed the faculty for the Board of Directors to benefit from the "accepted market practice" relating to the sustain of the market liquidity;
- confirmed as director Mrs. Maria Alessandra Zunino de Pignier, who has been considered independent pursuant to the Corporate Governance Code for Listed Companies by the Board of Directors' Meeting held on March 1, 2012;
- approved the report concerning the remuneration policies of the Financial Conglomerate Mediolanum pursuant to Section 123 ter para. 6 of the Consolidated Finance Act and any other provision of law or regulation;
- integrated the Stock Option Plan for Directors and Officers of the Company and its controlled entities, approved on April 27, 2010, following the guidelines set forth by the report of the Board of Directors;
- approved in its extraordinary part the By Laws amendments relating to Article 6 (share capital), with the purpose of broadening the delegation pursuant to Section 2443 of the Civil Code to execute the
share capital increase servicing the stock option plan.
Please note that the Officer in charge of preparing Mediolanum S.p.A accounting documents, Luigi Del Fabbro, has certified that, in compliance with the requirements of the second paragraph of section 154 bis of the Consolidated Finance Act, the financial information contained herein reflects the accounting entries, records and the books.
Basiglio - Milano 3 City, April 19, 2012